Today, we had an appointment to get our first pictures done at Portrait Innovations...thank the Lord for the $9.99 special, or we would be taking out own pictures at home ; )
Anyways, our appointment was at 10:40, and have I mentioned this is the first time we have been 'scheduled' to be somewhere at a certain time and Mommy is all by herself to get she and Carter ready? Huge disaster.
Well first of all, Carter gets up once in the middle of the night and once early in the morning. I had "planned" on staying up after his early morning feeding to get myself ready so all I would have to do is get Carter ready and fed once he wakes up.
He woke up at about 6:00 AM and took his bottle and I put him back in bed, and of course I talk myself into going back to sleep for ONLY an hour. I thought, I won't set an alarm because he will wake me up...no sir. Not this time. Every other morning the little booger is ready to get up again by 7am or so, but not this morning. I am suddenly awoken at 8:30...crap! As soon as I get out of bed and run to the shower I hear Carter starting to stir, so I take the quickest shower in history (I haven't had more than a 5 minute shower in 4 weeks mind you). I am out just in time to grab him up and shove a bottle in his mouth...then he takes 45 minutes to eat (this could be a whole other blog post in itself, but due to times sake I will hold off...). After he eats, it is 9:30. I have wet hair, no make up, and both Carter and I are still in our PJ's. WE MUST leave the house by 10:20 to get there on time. I lay him down in his boppy so I can attempt to blow dry my hair and put on some makeup...he seems content for the moment, so I bring all my stuff in the living room because if I am gone too long he will fuss if he can't see me. We make it through 15 minutes of Fraiser and my make up and blow dry...then the fussing begins. He is tired of being in his boppy and wants to be held. I need 4 arms apparently.
So I run around the house, baby in tow, trying finding to find what I'm going to wear (note that I haven't quite gotten into most of my old clothes yet, so this is a task in itself).
I lay him on my bed, he cries.
I lay him back in his boppy, he cries.
I lay him in the floor, he cries.
By this time it is about 10:00, I still need to straighten my hair, dress myself, pack Carter's bag, change his diaper, put on his outfit, pack extra outfits just in case, and load him up in his carseat.
Aunt KK is supposed to come to my house to help and she is still no where in sight...by the time I straighten my hair, it is 10:10, and Carter is still in his night attire...where the heck is Aunt KK?!
By 10:15, I am dressed (somehow, don't quite remember how I did it), and Aunt KK is walking in the door...I am changing Carter. I give him to her and pack his bag, throw in the first outfits I see, and strap his fussy self into the carseat...mission accomplished! It is now about 10:22 and we are out the door.
We get to Portrait Innovations right on time and I give them my name...and of course they don't have me in the computer. By this time I am sweating, my incision hurts from moving around so much, and I am pretty ill.
LUCKILY, they aren't crowded and just tell me that they will be with me in a minute, thank goodness! That is really about the worst of it. Apparently, I have to allot myself more than an hour and a half to get both of us ready and somewhere on time...lesson learned.
As for the pictures, they went pretty well. Other than him falling asleep, we got a really cute pose of him pretty alert. And you'll notice that he is naked in the picture, that's the only way we could get him to open his eyes :D
Although, I am some what of a germ freak and putting him on all the blankets and props that 10,000 other children have been on made me want to take out the lysol that I had in my purse and spray everything down he touched...but I restrained myself somehow.
So, without further delay, here is the first professional picture of my sweet baby:



7 comments:
He is adorable! And yes, you need like 2 hours minimum to get yourself and a baby ready. And it is still that way with a 7 month old. Portrait Innovations can be so chaotic, but the $9.99 deal can't be beat!
love it! so cute!
you now they wash that thing after every kid... NOT!! he has to be exposed to some how or another. :)
Now you see why mom's cute there hair once they have a kid.. .LOW MAINTENANCE! great story!
So, you have learned quickly that they do the opposite that you want them to when you are trying to do something really important, somehow they know:) You will soon start preparing bags ,etc the night before so you can grab and go. Getting picture's made is very stressful, wait until he starts moving around and avoiding the camera. You spend the entire time making silly noises just to get the squirt to smile. I love this picture of him!
I was wondering why you seemed so stressed out! Sorry I was not there early to help. But to my defense, you did say "do you want to GO WITH me to get Carter's pictures made?" I didn't know I needed to be there BEFORE :) I will read between the lines next time! That picture is adorable though!
It's hard to get out and about with babies for sure. It gets a little easier everytime, but I am still consistently late by 5 minutes everywhere I go.
that is so funny!!! it never changes, we do everything at night and have it set out for the next day, if not we would all be terrible!! his picture is so cute, i would love one if you have extra!!!
Post a Comment