So, this is truly the first time I have had time to actually post again since Carter's birth almost 4 weeks ago!
We are doing well, but still adjusting to this new little person in our lives. We are exhausted!
Carter is sleeping pretty good, we put him down at 10:30 and he wakes up at 2:30 and about 6:00 or 6:30 to eat. Both times he goes back to sleep (with the exception of about 20 seconds of fussing). Right now he is in his crib taking a nap. I had to learn that I could put him down during the day...I can't hold him 24-7! The day I held him all day, Chad came home and I was in the floor in tears because I didn't get a thing done and I don't think I even got a shower...I felt like a complete slob and wreck! So from then on, I have been getting him to sleep and letting him nap in his crib so I can actually get some work done around the house! In my head I have set 3 minimal goals to meet each day around the house, and if I get those done then I am pleased...those goals are as follows:
1. Get a shower, and put on make-up
2. Have all bottles washed by the time Chad gets home
3. Make up our bed
Okay, so being a Mom stuff is HARD, the hardest job I have ever had, but I know it will be very rewarding. Sometimes I think it is so hard because with my last job I only worked 9 hours a day, but now I work 24 hours a day, I think that's the difference....oh and the fact that I am caring for another human being and trying to figure out what he wants when he can't talk ; )
We are just now getting to where we are getting out of the house some with him and it is wonderful!! I love getting him out in his stroller, it really makes me feel like a Mom. Plus he sleeps the whole time because he loves the car and the car seat, so who could ask for more?
We had a couple of rough nights these past few days because little man has been constipated :( Poor guy just screams bloody murder because he is trying to push it out and it isn't budging...we have been doing the Karo syrup for 2 days now and this afternoon we had success! It was a pretty big blowout and he went straight to sleep afterwards :)
As for Chad and I, we have become closer than we have ever been. We are really working as a team and I think we have realized just how much we love eachother and NEED each other. We were both really overwhelmed at first and now we are somewhat getting the hang of things, but I couldn't have done any of this without him! He has been amazing, he is a great Daddy.
Well, that is about it for now, Carter is STILL asleep :) so I am going to go and watch TV and relax for a few minutes...hopefully my next update won't be too far away!
I'm not joking.
8 years ago



1 comment:
This is exactly how I felt! It is harder than anyone tells you it will be. But yes, it is SO worth it!! I'm glad things are getting better for you. The goals each day are a great idea!
Post a Comment