Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The calm after the storm...


Lately Carter has been SUPER fussy. If he is awake, he is usually fussing. We try everything...diaper, feeding, bouncing, burping, rocking, gas drops, tummy time...you name it, we've tried it. Eventually, as in 30 minutes later, we can usually get him to sleep. The two pictures below are what I call "the calm after the storm", after he has had a fit and has finally fallen fast asleep. He looks so peaceful, right? Don't let him fool you!





I'm not really sure what is going on with him. Colic? Well symptoms of colic include inconsolible crying for more than 3 hours a day for at least 3 days a week for at least 3 weeks. I don't think he's quite there yet. The fussing usually starts during feeding, so of course I've thought of reflux, gas, constipation, ect. Frankly, it could be any of these but it's just hard to figure out. We have our 1 month check up tomorrow with Dr. Webster, so we will ask her and see what she says. I kind of hope that we don't have to change his formula because we just got a ton of free samples from a lady at Chad's work, and I would hate to have to waste those.
I really don't think our issue is constipation anymore because we are doing a teaspoon of Karo in every bottle...and he goes about once a day or once every other day.
The next picture below is pretty funny. Here Carter is sleeping in his swing. I had been cleaning the bathrooms and I swept and brought in the dust buster to clean up what I swept and as soon as I turn it on this picture below is what I see! It was so funny, one minute his hands are at his sides and the next minute I turn around his arms are up like this, still fast asleep! I know it's that startle reflex in infants, but I think it is so funny and cute! Any time we make a loud noise we get some kind of pose like this : )

No comments: