So, it's hard to imagine that we will probably have a baby here next week...and our lives will change dramatically! I'm excited but a little bit nervous, of course.
I can't wait to see what he looks like and to hold him, and for Chad to hold him.
I also cannot believe I have a fully grown baby in my stomach...the whole pregnancy I looked at pictures each week of what stage he was in and what he was developing and what he looked like (most of the time he looked alien-like)- so it is hard to believe he is already so fearfully and wonderfully made and ready to come out! He is just sitting in there getting fat now :)
Most of you who know me, know that I am a worry wart...yes it's something God and I are working on, but nevertheless, it still gets me from time to time. So, of course I have scary thoughts of labor and Carter and pretty much anything that passes over my head. I have been good and have been staying off of the Internet (doctor's orders). So if you think about it please be praying for a safe delivery for us and a healthy baby.
God is in control and He has assured me of that. I guess it's one of the biggest tests for me because it is totally out of my control! All I can do is trust and have faith.
I have a Doctor appointment today at 2:45, so I will update later today. I'm not expecting any change :(
I did finally pack our bags last night! I got together a few cute sleepers and gowns, a blue blanket, and the outfit he will have his picture taken in. It is a Feltman Brothers bubble that is white and blue and has a sweet baby rocking horse on it (thanks Aunt KK)! I packed a couple of pairs of socks, a 'boggin hat that says 'Carter' on the front (thanks again Aunt KK), a nursing wrap, Germ-X (gotta love cold and flu season),his brush (I'm guessing he will be bald though), and a couple of burp cloths. I didn't pack any diapers or anything like that because I know the hospital will provide those for us (and a lot of other things).
I don't think I'm going to bring him home in the Feltman Brother's outfit...it is short sleeved and it will probably be cool...so I think I am bringing him home in a little outfit my Mom bought him that is white with blue polka dots and says "Welcome to the World" on it :)
It is a onsie, a pair of cotton footed bottoms, and a little cotton jacket that matches the pants. It is sooooo cute.
My bag was not as fun to pack...PJ's, some long sleeve t-shirts I think will fit me, socks, house shoes...and then I have a list sitting on my bag of all the other things that I will have to grab...these are the things that I will need up until it's time to go...like make-up ect.
My last day of work is tomorrow. I have already cleaned off my desk, so it's very empty right now. I don't think I will be sad at first, but I may miss it eventually. But, I am so blessed to get the opportunity to stay at home with Carter and raise him. It will be a test of our faith in the Lord and a huge growing opportunity I am looking forward to.
I will post after my Doctor Appointment!
I'm not joking.
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment