I had an appointment yesterday at 3:30 for an ultrasound and then Dr. Maddox to follow to do the "check". Ultrasound went fine...I guess...I had a different ultrasound tech then I had in the past and she was more serious and down to business than my last lady (who I adored). I mean, she was fine, she just didn't get very personal with me, it was all business. She didn't let me see the screen while she was measuring, so I found myself staring at her face the whole time trying to read her. Finally at the end she turned the screen to me and let me see him, she showed me his profile and feet and boy parts. Then she told me to go out into the lobby and she would write everything down and bring my chart out to me to take across the room to Dr. Maddox's sign in area. She said that he is 6lbs and 1oz right now, I asked her if that was normal and she just said...I'm not sure I'll have to look at the chart...I'm thinking, don't you do this so much that you just kind of know? She just said Dr. Maddox would go over it with me. I was pretty sure 6lbs and 1oz was pretty normal, considering Chad was born at 37 weeks and he was 6lbs 3oz. So that was the ultrasound experience yesterday....
Then I get in the back to see Dr. Maddox and she looks at the ultrasound information and says that the baby looks great; 6lbs 1oz is a little bit below the 50 percentile but still perfectly normal. She said if it was up to her she would want to push out a small baby! I say Amen to that. So he is just sweet and tiny, and that is fine with me. Plus I have 3 more weeks so he will gain a little more weight before he gets here.
Then it is time to get checked and guess what....I have made it to 1cm...and she can feel his head!
She said he still has a little more dropping to do but she could definitely feel his head this time; last time it was no where in sight.
So that is better than nothing!
I go back next Tuesday, the 23rd, and we will see where we stand. I want to walk some between now and then, I'm thinking that will help him drop a little more.
I have two photos from the ultrasound, but I don't know if I'll get them on here or not, the scanner here at work is not hooked up :(
I'm not joking.
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment