Saturday, November 29, 2008

Contractions

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)
We had a great one...just sad there is no left-overs at our house!
Now for the baby update...over the past week or so I have been having a lot of contractions. Most of them are the typical Braxton Hicks, but if I am up doing too much the Braxton Hicks come about every 4-6 minutes, and they are pretty strong. But they usually stop once I sit down for a little while.
I have actually had a handful of painful contractions too, they have been irregular, but still pretty painful. So painful they make me sick to my stomach! But those have been few and far between. We are keeping an eye on those when I have them, but so far I don't think they have been anything to freak out about since I am getting close.
Dr. Maddox said that she wasn't worried and that I was past the "danger zone" for him being born too early but to call her if I had more than 5 painful contractions in one hour.
I am also showing a few other signs that we are progressing, so that is exciting. I'll be 35 weeks on Tuesday, so I would just like to keep him in for a few more weeks!
So only a few more weeks until Carter will make his appearance, and we are so excited to meet him! I am dying to know what he looks like, especially since we didn't have the 4D done, we have no clue who he favors, and it is going to be such a surprise when we get the first glimpse of this little person growing inside of me. I am still going to say that he will look exactly like his Daddy...which would be awesome!
Please keep us in your prayers over the next few weeks for a healthy baby and delivery!!

No comments: