Thursday, November 13, 2008

8 Weeks and Counting!

I had my regular Doctor's appointment yesterday and everything went really well. Blood pressure good, +3lbs, and his heart rate was great.
I told Dr. Maddox that I felt like my tummy looked small in comparison with other ladies my week (or even ladies behind me for that matter), and she had me lay down and she measured me really good and said that I am measuring right on at 32 weeks! So, I guess since I am so tall and I have a good set of hips, it is allowing him to stretch out more, instead of "poke out". I'm not complaining though!
I go back at 34 weeks, and then the next time I will have my first "exam" and we'll see if I am progressing any at 36 weeks....gosh it is getting so close!!
Carter is very much a wiggle worm, sometimes my whole belly will move from side to side, and he gets the hiccups at least once a day. He will probably be slowing down here pretty soon, because I think he is getting BIG...sometimes when he stretches I can almost feel him down in my leg when I'm sitting ( I know that makes no sense, but that's what it feels like) and at the same time I will feel his feet all the way up in my ribs. He also will stick his butt, knee, or foot out and I'll have a hard knot on my stomach...if I rub on it he'll pull it back!
We are going to the lake this weekend to celebrate Kerri's birthday, so I should have some updated pictures then...Avery will also be making an appearance, so I will get some new one's of her too :)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Kim, Thank you so much for letting me know about that monitor! I am going to buy one ASAP! I had approximately two hours of sleep last night b/c I am totally neurotic about checking on Luke! I love hearing from nearly & new mommies! I will be checking your blog for updates on baby Carter! BOYS ROCK!! Oh, also, he will keep those hiccups after he comes home! Luke has them usually twice a day!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Kim, i love that picture of you, is that the same one as up on myspace? I am glad to hear that you are doing so well...I will bring your baby shower gift this wednesday!
Have a good day