Monday, September 29, 2008

If you think about it...

We have a Dr. appointment coming up on Wednesday...I get another ultrasound, which is great because we get to see Carter again, but there is a reason behind us getting a second ultrasound. When we found out that he was going to be a "Carter", the ultrasound tech noticed that my Placenta was a "little low". Basically, you don't want the Placenta to be too low and cover up "the exit".
Dr. Maddox said that she was not worried and that 99% of the time, as your womb grows the Placenta will move up...so this ultrasound on Wednesday is to check and make sure that it did in fact move on up. If the Placenta did not move up, they will continue to monitor me and I think if it was still low later in the 3rd Trimester they will have to schedule me a C-Section to prevent heavy bleeding and other complications, ect.
Soooo, all this to say, if you think about it, be praying for Chad and I as we have our ultrasound Wednesday. I have been praying about it since about 18 weeks and feel very confident that it is in God's hands, but it never hurts to have others intercede for you :)

"I sought the Lord and He answered me, He delivered me from all my fears"
Psalms 34:4

3 comments:

kdchiarella said...

In all the years we have been sisters I never thougt I would be praying for your placenta! But I am!! Love you!

The Cook Family said...

definitely will be praying, although, like kerri, never thought i'd be praying for your placenta!

and to answer your question, we have been approved for 1 or 2 kids under the age of 24 months. so, while we would like as them as young as possible, they could be as old as 24 months. they youngest they would probably be is 4-5 months old.

Kim said...

LOL, thanks girls!!