Thursday, September 25, 2008

Stay at Home Mom

At the beginning of August I had make the hard announcement to my Manager and co-workers that I wouldn't be returning back to work after Carter came. It has probably been the easiest yet hardest decision Chad and I have ever made...does that make sense? I guess it doesn't really make much sense now that I read over it. Easy in the fact that I know that's what I have wanted to do my whole life is stay at home with my babies, hard in the fact of "can we survive financially"?

God has really given me a peace about the decision and has opened some doors for me to make some extra money while I'm staying at home. I really feel like we are on the edge of God doing some great things in our life as a family because we are about to enter into a time where we are going to have to put our full trust in Him to take care of us; and even now before I have quit my job I am already seeing His provisions for us. I am excited about it. I think it will be really hard sometimes, but I am looking forward to the growth....hopefully when those hard times come I can look back at this blog and remember that I was actually excited about it at one point in time...Ha!

Yesterday at work, they let me know that we did officially have a replacement for me come January, so I was happy that they would be prepared when I leave. One of my biggest concerns was my company, so I was relieved that they found a reliable replacement. They have been so great to work for and it is a Christian company so they are fully supportive of my decision to stay at home. I will probably miss it a little though, but I can visit!

So I am pumped about staying at home and I am looking forward to it! I am going to try to work as long as possible unless the Dr. orders otherwise. Carter is due January 7th, so come the New Year, I will probably go ahead and be done working whether Carter has been born or not. Of course if Chad had it his way, Carter would be here before January 1st so we could get the tax break come April '09... so apparently Chad is seeing our son as a big fat tax deduction...speaking of that, below is a picture of the onesie that Debbie bought us (Chad's Mom), it is perfect, and a picture will be taken of Chad holding Carter wearing this!

No comments: