I have always been a really good sleeper. Once my head hits the pillow, I am GONE! Sometimes I can't even remember getting into bed the next morning because I fell asleep so quickly.
With this pregnancy, sleep has been very different for me. With the first trimester I was waking up at the crack of dawn to hover over the toilet...on into first of the second trimester my sleep patterns got interrupted several times a night for a trip to empty the bladder that Carter is sitting on, and now that I am approaching my third trimester I will have about 2-3 nights a week when sleep is uncomfortable and just not my friend.
Well, last night was one of those nights. I have never slept with so many pillows in my life! We have Chad on one side of the bed sleeping with his gigantic body pillow, and then you have me sleeping with a large pillow on each side of me so that I can make sure I don't roll on my back during the night.
It seems that no amount of pillows can keep my hip from hurting when I'm laying on my side, and most mornings I wake up and I am just sore all over. I wake up every couple of hours to turn to the next side to see if I can get situated, but with my stomach getting bigger, there is not a position that is very comfortable. Not to mention the leg cramps that send you flying out of bed! Oh and get this, the other night, Chad said I snored all night long... I have NEVER snored in my life-ha! I have a feeling that this is only the beginning of my sleeping problems and I am coming to the realization that this is my body preparing me for the little person that is about to be keeping me up for hours on end here in a few short months...
I'm not joking.
9 years ago



1 comment:
yea! another blog to stalk!! :) congrats on your little boy!! we have a blog too (check it out!)...and a little one on the way...just in less tradition means! miss you guys!
Post a Comment