Thursday, March 31, 2011

All Things BUZZ...

      We have entered into the age of movie/character obsession!  "BUZZ" is what I hear at least 2 to 3 times an hour.  Can you guess which movie Buzz is from?....You got it, Toy Story...all 3 of them.  Chad and I can now quote the majority of Toy Story.  Currently we have Toy Story and Toy Story 2 recorded on DVR and Grandma and Grandpa are getting Toy Story 3 for his Easter basket from them.  He received the full size Buzz doll (or action figure) at his 2nd birthday party from Chad's Aunt.  He wasn't too interested in it at first, he just liked to push the buttons and that was about the extent of it....well I decided to introduce him to the Toy Story movies and Buzz became an instant favorite.  When it's time to go bye bye, Carter immediately grabs Buzz by the arm and heads for the door.  We drag him down the sidewalk and into the car where he proceeds to pitch a fit while I remove it from his grasp to buckle him up.  He quickly receives Buzz back in his arms for the ride, and Carter greets him with an ecstatic "Buzz!".  Buzz goes to Wal-Mart, the mall, restaurants, Mom and Pop's house, etc.  Let me tell you, this toy has THE life! He is starting to become more interested in Woody and is working on saying his name.  Right now it just sounds like "woooyie", but we know what he means : )
So, the Easter Bunny might be surprising us with a Woody doll in a few short weeks.

Here Carter is getting Buzz at his 2 year old birthday Party...



Here is a picture of Carter loving all things Buzz...hat, shirt, and action figure!
(excuse the poor quality, this was taken with my phone)
Elmo, or "Elpo" as Carter calls him, is also a favorite and he loves Sesame Street.  I love that because I LOVED Sesame Street when I was little!  I remember watching it at home everyday while my Mom stayed at home with me, so I'm glad to watch it at home with my little one while I stay at home with him : )

I love strolling through the store and hearing an occasional "Elpo" or "Buzz" come out of Carter's mouth...that usually means he has spotted them somewhere.

Although it is bittersweet to watch your baby grow up, it is so much fun to go through all these stages with him! I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: