Sunday, May 22, 2011

Smarty Pants





These pictures are of our recent trip to the beach, we had a great time, and it was fun to go in May before it got too hot! 
Carter's language skills are blossoming at a rapid rate, and we love hearing him talk...even though he has learned "hush" and " stop it"....wonder where he heard those ; )
He also knows almost all of his basic colors and announces them proudly whenever he sees them.  His favorite color is green and he makes sure I know when something is any shade of green.  Orange is "orangey", yellow is "yellos", and blue is "bloos". 
We are working on counting to 10 and he counts 2, 5, 7, 8, and 9 with you.  He also knows that 5 is your 5 fingers on one hand held up.
He can talk in sentences now, although some of them are pretty choppy, but we know what he means!  The poor guy gets in "trouble" for whining now, because we know he can now tell us what he actually wants instead of whining for it ; )
For some reason he talks about apples all day long, and I have no idea why!  I just nod and agree with him. 
He can point out circles, and I think I heard him today talking about a square.

My prayer lately has been for the Lord to show me little ways of how I can teach my 2 year old about Him.  I know he is young, and I'm really not sure how much of what I'm saying makes sense, but I'm praying some of it sticks : ) While the matters of what school he attends, what sports he may play, and what degree he may choose are all important, I have decided my number one priority as a parent will be to teach him of Christ.  If I keep those things secondary, I know they will fall into place as long as I teach him Christ first.

No comments: