Says:
What you doin'?
Owey
KK
Let's Go!
Alright!
Elmo (sounds like Elpo)
He also has to say "Hey" to everyone he sees in the store, and he continues to say hey until you say hey back. So if you see us in the store, PLEASE say HEY to my toddler! He has now started to ask strangers "What you doin'?"...and they have to explain what they are doing to him...then he is satisfied. Sorry to the lady in KFC that had to explain to him that she was in line waiting to order, ha! He is a mess. I love him.
Anyways, back to the Big Boy room. Now, this is a work in progress...meaning I am gathering items over the next month or so, that way I can complete it all at once. An unfinished project drives me nuts, I need immediate satisfaction when I am putting new decor together. I can't handle the unfinishedness of it and having to wait to see what the outcome will look like.
Okay, here is my theme: "Snips, and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of".
After looking around on the internet a little I realized that a lot of people do their little boy's nursery in this, but I have also seen some big boy rooms with this same nursery rhyme as the focal point. Along with the nursery rhyme, snails and puppies will accent. I painted this canvas today as a guide for the colors I want to use. The canvas will have a place on the wall when I am finished.
I am going to give credit to the original artist on this one. It is so cute. I got the idea for this painting from a print from Kate Mawdsley. I thought I could easily re-create it for Carter's bedroom and I think it came out pretty cute.
This is the spread I am looking at getting for his bed. It is from Target and only $17.99 for a twin size. I am quite certain this will be what we end up with. I like the idea of just a solid color.
The wall color will be a neutral Khaki color, so hopefully everything with bright colors will POP. I am also planning on doing another larger canvas with the "What Little Boys are Made of" nursery Rhyme painted on it.
He will have his own cork board, possibly custom made by Mommy, for him to hang his creations on.
That is about as far as I have gotten in the process...so stay tuned for updates and pictures of the finished product!





No comments:
Post a Comment