Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Prayin' them up right...

So, when I first had Carter, I knew I needed to pray for him all of his life...all of my life. I became slightly overwhelmed, because of course you want all things for your child, so where do I even begin? I wanted to be specific and pray the way the Lord would lead me to pray for him...I mean come on, he has given us this precious gift to mold and make into this thriving, God loving human, so I don't want to screw it up!
As Carter has grown the Lord has impressed upon me some specific requests and prayers to pray over our son and I love praying them! I will have certain times during the day when the Lord just reminds me to pray these things for Carter and I would love to share them..

* For Carter to come to know the Lord at an early age and to love and fear him.
* For him to have a great respect for authority, Chad and I, teachers, Grandparents, ect...
* And for him to choose his group of friends wisely. For them to be friends that love Jesus and make good decisions.

Of course there are other things here and there I pray for Carter but these are the main 3 things that the Lord has me praying for him right now. I look forward for Him to reveal more things as he grows! What do you pray for your children? I would love to know!

I will leave you with some pictures from yesterday that need no explanation...



2 comments:

Jaime said...

I love that you ask God to reveal to you how to pray specifically for Carter! I also pray that Logan will come to an understanding of what God has done for him and accept Jesus as his savior at an early age. I pray that God would send people into his life to disciple him so that he will grow and have an intimate relationship with his creator. I also pray for the woman that I know God is already preparing as Logan's wife.

kdchiarella said...

The one about having a good group of friends is so important! I really think their friends have such an influence on how they will turn out. I pray that Owen will always have a heart that will seek his Savior. I also pray that he will have a genuine love for people and want to share God's love with them.