Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nursery

 When I hit 30 weeks, I figured I better get a move on, so for the past 3 weeks I have feverishly been working on Max's nursery...and it is all complete except for one shelf for his closet!

After much deliberation and about 1.2 million paint swatches, we decided to leave the walls neutral.  Any color on the wall would have just been too much with the bedding I had picked out...and it ended up working out well because it makes the room so bright and airy.  It is so fresh when you walk into it and I LOVE that.  With his bedding being whales, I decided to accent with some beachy items, and it turned out cute : )  Here are some pictures below of the finished product...can I just say that pictures do not do it justice to how fresh and bright it is!

Curtains came from my friend Shannon, props to her for making them for me!  You can't tell here but they are green and blue polka dots.
Found these 3 frames on sale for $4.99 each at Michaels.  I got 3 different green patterned scrapbook papers, and cut out letters from orange scrapbook paper...taped them on top and framed them.
My chair was also recovered by Shannon with the same fabric as the curtains on the windows- it turned out great!  The blanket basket in the corner is the same I used for big brother Carter in his nursery (as is all the furniture!)

The lamp and lamp shade were actually a thrift store find!  Just spray painted it orange (it took about 15 coats, but we got it done!), and it was ready to go.  The canvas is one that was in Carter's nursery, I just painted over it and put a new verse.  The verse was actually one that the Lord gave me when I was dealing with my miscarriage, and it really helped me get over the hump.  It reads "But I trust in Your Unfailing love...I will sing to the Lord for He has been good to me!" Psalm 13:5-6.  Two months later I was pregnant with Max...so I knew I wanted to incorporate the verse somehow.

Carter had one of these shelves in his room and still does...I love it because it is perfect to hang bags, coats, and hats.

  I loved looking for things to display on top of the shelf and decorate with.  I found the sailboat on clearance for $12 at TJMaxx.  It was originally all brown and I painted it blue and white to match.  The "M" I found at the thrift store and just repainted it...the frame was on clearance at Michaels for $4.99 and it currently has his ultrasound pic in it.  I already had the jar/sand/ and shells-FREE is my fave!...and I found the sea gull at Michaels 1/2 off for like $6.  I love the sailboat and seagull because their paint job looks distressed and old...love stuff like that.

Love his ship wheel!  Found it at Michaels also, but it wasn't on sale : (  Still not a bad price though for $12.99.  It was originally wooden, so I sprayed it orange to go along with the other orange accents.  Also, if you didn't notice in the bedding, it has orange ship wheels in it also.

Cross for his door made by Carter's sweet Sunday School teacher!

My thoughtful Mother n Law just recently bought this for us to hang on the hospital door when Max is born!  I haven 't ever seen these before, they are so precious!!  It is that burlap that you paint and it's stuffed so it has that 3D look to it.  Love it!

His closet is ready all except for a 3 shelf bookcase that will go right in the middle.  Carter has one in his closet also, and it is great for books and toys.  I will be getting that next week. 

This is on one end of his closet, it is full of onesies and cotton shorts/pants from NB to 9 months.  Love this organizer!  Carter has it too : )

Inside the crib...his little friends are ready!
The complete room...Praise Jesus for a bigger room, don't think we could have done all this at our old house.
Here is Carter practicing with the new Travel System.  We sold Carter's at a consignment sale because there were some things I didn't like about it..biggest thing was it didn't use the latch system on the base and that irritated me, and it was a little too large for my liking.  Love this Graco "liteweight" and the colors- green, teal, and orange!




I had my baby sprinkle last weekend and it was so fun!   Opening baby stuff NEVER gets old.  Here are just a couple of pictures from it...
32 Weeks

Lots of Loot!!  Thanks to everyone who came, it was so fun! LOVE my friends and family, God couldn't have blessed me with better.



I realize this is a really long post, but I haven't updated in a while.  I am 33 weeks today..so only 6 weeks to go before my scheduled section.  My last appointment I was able to have an ultrasound to check on his growth.  My belly was measuring a few weeks behind ( I can't imagine how, but whatever), so OB said he didn't care how my belly was measuring as long as Max was measuring on time on ultrasound.  Sure enough we get in there and he is a big ole boy weighing around 4lbs 3oz...and measuring a WEEK ahead- ha!  So all was good... AND he has hair!  We saw hair on the ultrasound, it looked pretty long to me, but we will see what it looks like when he comes out.  Carter didn't have much at all, so it would be funny if Max came out with a head full.  And I wonder what color it will be??  Chad and I both had light hair when we were little....
  We are keeping a close eye on my blood pressure since I had Pre-E when I was induced with Carter.  Still in the normal range but it has crept up to be a little higher than it has been at all my other appointments.  I go tomorrow for my 33 week check up so we will see what my BP is then.  I may have to start monitoring it at home.

Well that is about all the updates for now, and I am impressed with my post because I have been battling a bored 3 year old while I type this!

2 comments:

The Wrights said...

I love his room!! We can't wait to meet Mr. Max!!!

Jaime said...

Love it!! And I love all the deals you got decorating!