Thursday, April 5, 2012

26 Weeks

I am one week away from trimester #3.  I am really excited, and getting ready for him to be here.  I think I am most excited to see how Carter reacts to him and how Max reacts to Carter as he grows!  Last doctor visit was about 2 weeks ago and I did my glucose test.  Apparently I passed it because I have not heard back from the doctor and since it's one of those "no news is good news" deals, I take the silence as a pass.  YAY!  Super pumped about that.  Although, I did get the "watch it" speech with my weight gain.  But when you go so long without eating and nothing sounds good and then all of a sudden that does a total 180...you're bound to gain a few lbs.  I have slowed it down though and I am watching what all I'm taking in and have been using the treadmill for the last 3 weeks.
Sleeping is still going pretty well, although I expect that to start changing any week now.  Aside from the normal potty breaks, I have been able to fall asleep and stay asleep.  I am so tired by the time my head hits the pillow.  It seems like by this time with Carter I was already having sleep issues (and I think my belly is much bigger this time), but I'm pretty sure now that I am actually chasing around Carter it is making me a whole lot more tired than it was when I was just sitting behind a desk.
Pretty sure Max has flipped and he is head down.  I think he was more-so horizontal in my belly, but last weekend there was A LOT of movement going on and now I can tell by hiccups, kicks, and movements that he is head down...and sometimes he lays downwards-diagonal.  I can really feel where he is when he stretches!  I can also now feel the hard spots in my belly, like where he is sticking his butt out, or a heel or knee or something.  So I know he is growing because that is new!
In nesting news, the poor baby's room is still a playroom.  Everyday I tell myself I need to clean the closet out, but I guess I'm not frantic enough to do it yet.  One day it will hit and I will be freaking out throwing toys out of the room.  I would be more motivated if we would get the paint or something, but we have had so much going on with friends getting married, fixing up the yard, and other activities that it has just been put on the back burner.  I have a lot of the stuff to go in the room, it just hasn't been done yet.  Within the next month though, it will be started.  I have a lot to do.  By 21 weeks with Carter, his room was almost completed!  Poor second baby...Max, mommy promises she loves you just as much, it's just hard to get motivated chasing around your big brother...and I'm not taking all the blame, Daddy is not motivated either  : )
My next doctor appt. is in 2 weeks and I will be 28 weeks...I am assuming it will be going to appointments every 2 weeks after that. 
Below is a 25 weeks picture.  I haven't taken a 26 week pic yet considering I just turned 26 weeks today.
 
My poor big boy isn't getting much spot light on the blog these days.  He is doing so good and is growing into himself everyday.  It is becoming more and more apparent to us what a tender heart he has.  I know this is what the Lord made him to be and I plan on helping him develop that tender heart to do great things for the Lord.  We just finished a Bible Study called "Creative Correction" and the thing that stuck out to me the most in the study was capitalizing on our children's strengths and personalities and developing them so they know how to use them for the Lord.
God created a tender heart in him for a reason, so I pray we can help him to become the man who the Lord has called him to be.
In this world, and as a boy, I know his tenderness will also be judged as a "sissy", "weakness" or "wimp", but I feel like in the coming years I have got to be ready to explain to Carter that those are lies from the Enemy and be ready to explain to him what it means to have a tender heart and that it is a gift from God and not a personality flaw.  I know the future may hold many heartaches and hurt feelings just because he does have such a sensitive spirit, but I have a peace knowing that as long as we help him feel secure at home and secure in the Lord and realize who God made him to be, we won't have to worry too much about those things.

Didn't realize I was going to get into that tangent- haha!  But, it was just something the Lord revealed to me recently so I thought I would share.  So, if you have children, think about their strengths.  What are they and how can you help develop them for the Lord?  Do you for-see any negatives that could come from that strength, and how can you help your child overcome them?

Below are a couple of pictures of Carter from this past Sunday.  It was Palm Sunday and his class got to walk around to each Sunday School class and wave palm branches saying "Hosanna!"  They were precious!  Love my boys.


No comments: