Thursday, February 2, 2012

17 weeks

Can someone please tell this baby that it is 17 weeks gestation age and it's time for Mama to start feeling better?  So I think I'm finally going to have to admit to myself this is going to be a rough pregnancy.  I have been telling myself..."maybe tomorrow", "maybe next week", "maybe after 18 weeks"...but I think I need to stop fooling myself so I won't be disappointed...I feel like POO most days!  Don't get me wrong, I do have good days and I can definitely function more normally than I could in the 1st trimester.  I remember having more energy in the 2nd trimester with Carter, I am still very very tired with this little one.  I get pretty bad headaches, I get dizzy really easy, and if I don't eat every 2 hours on the dot my sugar starts to get really low and I feel faint.  It is hard to plan the day around having to eat a good protein rich meal every 2 hours.  I still throw up 3 or 4 mornings out of the week, and 2 weeks ago I was at an unexpected doctor's appointment feeling awful and found out I was dehydrated...then it took me a week to get over the effects of the dehydration.
We go through a lot to get our little ones here, don't we??
On a very exciting note, two weeks from tomorrow we find out what our little booger is!

Just for fun let's see what the Old Wives have to say about baby #2 being a BOY or a GIRL...
It's fun to pass the time by guessing a little!

1.  Sleep Position
Left Side- Boy
Right Side- Girl

2. Bad Nausea
Yes- Girl
No- Boy
(side note, I had horrible nausea with Carter too...actually Carter's nausea seemed a little worse, so not sure how accurate this question is for me)

3. Soft or Dry Hands?
Soft- Girl
Dry- Boy
NO CHANGE

4. Food Cravings
Sweet, fruits, and Citrus- Girl
Meats and Cheeses- Boy

5. Adult Acne
Breakout- Girl
Clear Skin- Boy

6. Mood
Moodiness- Girl
No change- Boy

7. High or Low Belly
High-Girl
Low- Boy
I am carrying VERY low...much lower than I did with Carter...so I think it might mean the opposite for me

8. Weight
Carried in Front- Boy
Spaced over Middle- Girl

9. Pendulum Test
Back and Forth- Boy
Circle- Girl

10. Model your hands
Palms up- Girl
Palms Down- Boy

11. Toddler Advice- get advice from a boy toddler about gender...
Toddler Ignores Belly- Boy
Toddler Shows interest in Belly- Girl

12. Even and Odd Numbers-
If your age and year of conception are both even or odd- Girl

One Even, one odd- Boy

13. Baby's Heart Beat
Greater than 150- Girl
Less than 150- Boy


BOY= 4/13
GIRL= 8/13

Looks like PINK is winning with the Old Wives, I guess I'll have to wait 2 more weeks to find out for sure ; )

No comments: