Friday, January 13, 2012

14 Weeks and a Happy 3 year Old Birthday

I am 14 weeks 1 day today!  Yay 2nd trimester!  Sickness is much much better and pretty much non-existent except for sometimes at night.  I'm still having some food aversions...mostly to chicken type stuff...chicken fingers is the biggest "gag me" right now.  New symptom of the second trimester...almost passing out, yay.  I have had about 3 instances where I have almost hit the deck!  Not to worry though, passing out is apparently very common in pregnancy, so I'm told by my nurse and doctor- go figure.  Just goes to prove my point that I am a disaster in pregnancy...I also would like to say that my children try to kill me while in utero. 
I am also eating us out of house and home.  I have to eat a lot, or apparently I pass out.  I actually need to go eat something now, but I'm trying to finish out this blog post.  AND I JUST ate chick-fil-a.  It is seriously ridiculous, and I don't feel like I had to eat this much with Carter.  And YES, it is just ONE baby.

I had my 14 week appointment today, and it was very QUICK.  It was at 10:15 and I was on my way home by 10:37!  Props to my doctor's office.  I think it also helps that my appointments are on Fridays, and they close at 12.  So I'm sure they have to stay on schedule to get their half day :)
Dr. Johnson found baby rather quickly with the doppler, and it's heart rate was a strong 150.  He started smiling really big when he found it and said "there it is!".  I wonder if the doctor gets nervous at these appointments when they are trying to find the heartbeat?  I bet they are relieved when they find it.  I'm sure there are some women he has to tell bad news to or send to ultrasound for a closer look.  I am thankful I got to hear that little thumping sound today.
We scheduled the big ultrasound today for February 17th at 8:30AM!  I think we're going to take Carter with us.  Not that he knows what is really going on that much, but we can still point to the screen and say "that's baby" and he will repeat it : )  Well, I don't know, he is 3...maybe he knows more than I give him credit for!
Here is a 14 week belly picture. 

That's about all in baby land...I have a big boy that turned 3 last Friday!  I can't believe I have a 3 year old.  We had his party at our church in the Kid's Area...and it was a double party with his cousin Owen!  It was so much fun, and Carter loved every minute of it.  It was CARS 2 themed so that made it even better.  He is just a little bit obsessed with anything Lightning McQueen.  I love my sweet little boy.  I am discovering that he has such a tender heart and is really starting to care about others and put them first (one of my prayers for him!).  He is still my laid back little guy that loves his naps and still often wants to be held by me.  His Daddy and I love him more than he will ever know...so here is to a Happy 3 years Carter Steven!  
Here are some pics from the party.


1 comment:

Stef said...

You look so cute, just like you did with Carter. Carter is so adorable, I'm sure he will love getting to see his new baby brother or sister next month!