Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12 weeks

 People are not joking when they say you show sooner with your second baby.  You could hardly tell I was pregnant with Carter until I was around 22 weeks!  I was actually about this size!!  For comparison sake, below is a picture of me pregnant with Carter at 21 weeks...
Crazy, right?  I have heard that if you have one baby that your muscles are already separated, so everything is able to expand out easier than the first time (I just must have had really strong ab muscles before I got pregnant with Carter- ; ) yeah right, haha).  But there has got to be some kind of truth to the muscles being separated because this baby is only about 2 inches long right now!

My nausea has calmed down quite a bit since my last post (knock on wood and thank the LORD).  Still sick at some points during the day but it's not nearly as intense and my nausea meds usually clear it up quickly.  I am still pretty tired though and have not hit the stage where I have gotten my energy back yet.  I still just want to sit on the couch.  When I start to feel completely better, I want to start walking on the treadmill at least a few times a week and I hope to follow some round-abouts of the gestational diabetes diet.  I wasn't diabetic with Carter, but I just think the diet would be something healthy to go by for the majority of the pregnancy.  Now, I'm not going to be lame enough to say that I will follow this diet to a T...given I just ate a bunch of M-n-M's, but I want to try to eat healthier than I did with Carter (hey, don't judge my M-n-M's, I'm still in the not feel good stage).  I think all of us Moms know how hard it is to get that baby weight off postpartum....

Maternity pants are still a little big, but wearable.  My normal pants are a no-go though...so I guess I'll just have to look frumpy for a few weeks.

My next appointment is January 12th.  I'll be 14 weeks and we will just get to do the doppler to hear the heartbeat and a normal office visit.  Next ultrasound will be in the middle of February and we will get to find out what baby is : )

1 comment:

Stef said...

You look amazing! So glad you are feeling better, and you eat whatever you want while you are in the sick stage, there is plenty of pregnancy left for the healthy stuff! :)