So we (we as in Carter) have officially been 2 for a week today! On his birthday he got to open his birthday present from Mommy and Daddy, which was a keyboard that he loved, and then that evening we went to his favorite place for dinner, Chickfila. Real original, right?? Chad's parents met us there and we ate, had a cake, and sang Happy Birthday...it was sweet.
Saturday was his birthday party, which was themed after the Freshbeat Band. He looooooooves the Freshbeat Band. We even had Freshbeat Band music playing..which he was confused about because he didn't understand why he couldn't see them, but he could hear them.
All in all the party went great and was much less stressful than his 1st birthday party. We had it at my sister's neighborhood clubhouse in Springville. It is a perfect spot for a party, it has a huge room with a kitchen...and that is all I needed! Throw some balloons down and the kids had a BLAST.
Now, onto our averted disaster. The clubhouse also has a pool outside which we can enjoy in the summertime...all you have to do is walk out the clubhouse door, step down off the patio and there is a beautiful pool with a small waterfall. Well, folks were coming in and out and I guess somehow the door didn't get closed all the way or my child knew how to open it. Either way, the Birthday Boy somehow made his way outside and was contemplating a nice little dip in the uncovered pool. So, you're wondering, where is this kid's parents, right? Well, it was slightly chaotic inside and I had my back turned to the door and was putting ice in glasses, Chad had been chatting with family and friends and we were just letting all the kids play...I mean it was one big room so what could go wrong?
Chad said he happened to see the door open and went to close it and just happened to see Carter standing right at the edge of the pool, just looking at it. He said he looked around for me because he thought "surely she is out here"...NOPE! Chad ran straight at him and just hoped he didn't take a dive for it! Luckily he did not become part of the Polar Bear club that evening. But in all seriousness I laugh to keep from crying...though, I did burst into tears once all was said and done and we got home from the party, I just sat there and squeezed him so tight. I'm sure he was wondering what the big fuss was about!
So, moral of the story is this...don't think the Lord doesn't hear your prayers...especially when they are consistent. He hears them. I think I have blogged before about the prayers I say for Carter for who he will grow up to be and how Christ will form his heart...well I also pray for the Lord's eyes to be on Carter when mine are not. None of us are perfect parents and there are times when our eyes are just not on our children.
So, His eyes were on Carter when mine were not and I have thanked the Lord a million times plus for that. I keep wondering why it almost happened and I really think it was the Lord's way of showing me that He is hearing my prayers and reminding me to pray more.
HE is also reminding me to focus on what DIDN'T happen rather than what COULD have happened. My mind likes to wander, so I usually like to come up with unproductive thoughts throughout the day.
So this is just one of the other thousands of reasons I praise my Lord. HE is good. All the time.
SO, after all of that we are now over-run with toys, and I am working on organizing everything since our house is back on the market (that's another prayer we're working on). I will have to post again once our new toybox gets here and show you the before and after of our Toys R Us corner in the living room.
I know I have missed important posts like Christmas and snow days, but I am doing good to post this one!
Hopefully I will update my blog decor soon too, ha.
Below are a few pics of the party...
I'm not joking.
9 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment