Sunday, June 20, 2010

VBS Saddle Ridge Ranch

VBS was so much fun this year. Last year I worked in the big kid crafts, but this year I did pre-school crafts. We ended up doing one craft that was week long, and it turned out really cute, despite the messiness! The ultimate outcome was a hanging mobile that was made of clay. There was a top piece that said Saddle Ridge 2010 and then 3 clay cowboy shapes hanging from it. The kids got to cut out the shapes and paint them and then we strung them up for them. They were all SO proud of their creations, and rightfully so :) I cannot wait to see all the wonderful crafts Carter will proudly present to me over the next years!
Since I was working VBS, I of course had Carter in tow and he had his own VBS classroom. And this is just what he thought about it....

Yes, he hated it...well, let me come up with a stronger word than hate...despise...that's about right. He DESPISED every moment. Majority of the time he was crying, if he wasn't crying he was snubbing and being brought to me with red eyes. Every morning when I would drop him off at his door (my classroom was only down the hall...but of course he didn't know that) he would pitch an absolute fit and act as if I was feeding him to alligators. What's weird is he has been fine going in the nursery on Sunday mornings..but maybe he knew it was during the week and he was supposed to be at home with Mommy, or maybe it's just a phase, who knows. Either way he only made it Monday through Wednesday and then Chad's Mom kept him the remaining 2 days. I did end up with 3 sweet crafts he made while he was there though...did I mention I love crafts? One was the picture above that is actually a magnet to go on the fridge, another picture that is framed in foam and says "VBS", and the third is a canvas with his footprint on it (which could only cause a mother's heart to melt...what is it about footprints and hand prints, I could wallpaper my whole house in them and be fine).

Since VBS, at the beginning of June, I have apparently scarred my child. Every time Chad and I remotely even start to get ready to leave the house, he will catch on to the "getting ready" signs and cling for dear life to our legs saying bye bye and crying. He will continue to follow us around the house crying until we pick him up and assure him he is going with us. Bless the poor little thing! Maybe next year he will actually enjoy VBS!

No comments: