Friday, June 11, 2010

Destin

We got back from Destin about a week ago. It was a really nice trip, long, but nice :)
We had a little bit of a rough start at the beginning though...we arrive on Saturday and our room is supposed to be ready no later than 2:00pm; the office tells us it will be 2:20 before we can get in. At 2:20 they still refuse to give us the key because it is still not ready...Chad said he was not coming back again and that they were to give us the key immediately (we had a toddler in the car that had been riding since 5:30AM and we were not interested in holding him off any longer...). They complied and gave us the key. As soon as we walk in the door, the cleaning lady is still there and only has 40% of the condo actually cleaned and she asks for one more hour. Nope sorry, you will have to clean around us, we're here to stay.
I noticed the condo was very hot, but I figured it had just been turned up since the last group left and the cleaning crew had all the doors open. By that evening it was still 77 degrees, so the realty company moves us to another condo at midnight.....that is on the bay, mind you, NOT across the street from the beach as we intended to be. Also, the condo we are moved to only has 2 bedrooms, not three, and that doesn't work well with 8 people. The next morning, they say that they have a unit big enough for us in Bay Town Village...still on the bay. We did not drive 5 1/2 hours to go to the pool, stare at the bay, and watch people play golf. We tell them no and ask for our money back, they comply.
Chad's parents knew a lady that they always rent from in Destin, so we hunt her down and she happens to have a townhouse unit across the street from the beach that we can have for the week. It was kind of in a neighborhood, so it was a little further than we like to walk to get to the beach, but they had a specific parking lot that we could drive to that was right across the street from the beach, and the pools there were really nice. After all we had been through I was just glad to be done packing and moving....3 times, yes, we packed and moved 3 times.
The rest of the trip went really well, Carter was a trooper, loved to sit on the beach (on a towel of course) and took naps on the beach and at the pool on the lounge chairs.
We did have one come-apart the last night at dinner and I had to do mommy duty and leave and take him back to the condo. I think he was just done.
We are supposed to go back to the beach in September with my family. Hopefully the oil won't spoil that trip because we will have all the babies, and it will be so fun...and probably a little wild.
I only have one picture posted at the top..I'm sure most of you who read my blog are also my friend on facebook so I figured I'd spare you the doubles...if you haven't seen them yet, I have about 100 posted and there is no way I could choose which ones to put on here!
I have tried my best to correct grammar and run-on sentences on this post, but there was just so much info I was trying to give, it may be a rough read...sorry!

No comments: