Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Almost September, Everything August

August seems like it has been a long month, but maybe that's because it is so hot and I am ready for FALL. This happens near the end of every season, I get the itch for it to be the next season when the previous season still has a good 8 weeks left. Happens every time. It's just so darn hot. But although it's been a hot month, it's been a good one as well. Here are a few highlights (in pictures of course) of Carter's month:

We are sitting much better on our own! Despite the hard fall he had last night, he is getting the hang of it...still a little tipsy, but much better.

Carter's Grandmom got him a doorway bouncer, which some call a Johnny Jump up, which I call a "Sassy". Either way it's the best invention on the planet and it is inconceivable to me why only Babies R Us carries this marvelous invention in the store. He is obsessed with it. He has a 360 view of not one but TWO rooms, can swing, bounce, and play with toys all in the same gadget. And it can more easily be packed to leave the house than a stationary bouncer. The picture above is of Carter's first night in his Sassy...he is trying to get his balance, and he is a pro at it now. My favorite is when he puts both arms down in the seat and he looks like an armless child jumping.

Little C LOVES books. He loves to open and close them, look at the pictures, and feel the pages while I'm reading to him. We try to do it right before bedtime, and it's so sweet because he starts getting sleepy and rubbing his eyes, but he tries so hard to stay awake until we are done. We joined the Dolly Parton Imagination Library before Carter was born, and he has gotten one free book in the mail each month since January, and will continue to do so until he is 5 (I think). If you aren't a member of this, just click on the link above and see if your county offers the free books from Dolly. Seriously, they are FREE. When we got home from the hospital with Carter in January he had a book waiting in the mailbox, it was so fun.

Other exciting August news...I am going to be an Aunt times 3 by this time next year :) Elizabeth and Kevin are expecting their second come April, and Kerri and Jared are expecting their first in January. Kerri just found out yesterday that they are having a little boy! Owen Joseph Chiarella is his name and Carter is excited to have someone to teach the ways of a little boy. Elizabeth won't find out until November what she is having, so I am looking forward to that! This means that my parents will have 4 grandchildren under the age of 2 this time next year, what fun! It should make for an interesting family beach trip next summer.

It's almost September and that means Fall decor and then Halloween! I have decided, and stated this to Chad tonight, since we now have a child I must decorate for every season and holiday. I have such good memories of my Mom putting out her seasonal decorations and it just made me feel excited for the upcoming weather and other excitements the seasons bring.
I have also enjoyed thinking about what Carter will wear for the upcoming football season, lame I know.

Well, the boys are in bed and I'm not, which is strange, so until next time....Happy Fall!...well, soon to be, anyways.

No comments: