Thursday, August 6, 2009

6 Month Portraits and 7 month update

Carter had his 6 month pictures a few weeks ago at Portrait Innovations. We got some really cute poses and he did a great job. Your baby being able to sit up makes such a difference in pictures...there are so many more possibilities!
If you are my friend on Facebook, there is a chance you have already seen all of the poses, but I picked out my favorite two poses to post on the blog. And I must give props to my friend Shannon, she made his precious monogrammed outfit he has on! I just love it! (More blog after the pictures)



Now on to Carter's 7 month update. Yep, 7 months today to be exact. As everyone ALWAYS says...I can't believe my baby is 7 months old!! I swear I was just pregnant with him yesterday. Although he is already over a half a year old, I still feel like we have a "new" baby in the house. I guess he is still new to us :)
Here are his stats and what milestones he is accomplishing (and some extras):
He is about 15 lbs 12 oz and 27 1/2 inches long.
Can sit with no support, but can tip easily if he moves too much
Talking like crazy
Making tongue noises when he eats...don't really know how else to explain it, but I think you know what I mean...
Rolling over both ways
Scooting backwards when he is on his back...he actually will make it to all areas of the room like this!
Cries when I leave the room
Objects when you take away something he wants
Fights sleep something awful
Uses a sippy cup
Puts all his weight on his legs and standing up straight (if you have been around lately you probably would have heard me talk about how he didn't know how to use his legs...well he finally found them!)
Obsessed with the remote control
He is now difficult to diaper, as he is too busy trying to grab everything in his changing table basket
Loves to be held and explained to what different objects are around the house
While I am sad he is growing so fast, I have enjoyed every single stage he has gone through. I have loved watching him grow and learn new things. Also, I am enjoying my last few months (or weeks) of his limited mobility...because I am sure I will be much more exhausted once that milestone arrives!

No comments: