So, apparently I have ears equal to that of an infant. "Why?" you may ask...well I had ZERO ear infections as a baby/small child, but during my adult years I have averaged one ear infection per year...and this year's is a doozy. On Sunday I noticed when I touched my ear is was slightly tender to the touch...I discussed it with Chad and after a few minutes with a flashlight in my ear, we concluded we would give it a few days before we decided to pay $25 to get it checked out.
Well, I woke up at 3 am Monday morning with a terrible ear ache and limited hearing in my left ear. I tapped Chad on the head and told him my ear hurt, and his response (appropriate for an un-urgent 3 am wake up) was, "what do you want me to do about it"...he he. I told him I needed to go to the doctor the next day.
I get to the doctor at 2:45 and I am walking out at 2:48 with a prescription in hand for an antibiotic ear drop.
FYI- if you have a baby, take them with you to the doctor...you get so much attention, I believe that is the reason for getting in and out on Tuesday so quickly!
"3 drops 4 times a day for 7 days. Lay on side with cotton ball in ear for 30 minutes." These are the instructions I am given. Apparently they are not aware that I have an "almost 7 month old". By the time I lie on the couch for 30 minutes he will have scooted under the couch (yes, he is a scooter now)! We are trying our best.
I really hope these drops start working soon. Chad looked in my ear tonight and he said is was practically swollen shut...hence the muffled hearing I suppose. It HURTS too. From what I recall with my last outer ear infection, it took a good 4-5 days to get it feeling better.
This post has even bored me. So if you have even made it this far in the blog post, I apologize for the un-interesting-ness :) But this is what's going on at the moment!
I need to post Carter's 6 month pictures, they are so stinkin' cute.
I'm not joking.
8 years ago



1 comment:
I can SOOOO see you tapping Chad on the shoulder @ 2:45a.m. and I can SOOOO see him saying that too you. cracks me up!
Post a Comment