-Rinse Veggie or Fruit
-Peel
-Cut
-Steam until soft
-Puree in the food processor
-Let cool to room temperature
-Spoon into ice cube trays (each cube is a serving)
-Freeze in the freezer
-Pop them out into a freezer bag and label with date and contents
Then, once meal time comes around, just take a cube out, pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds and let cool. Below are some pictures of the process...
Here are the already frozen carrots
Bagged up to go back in the freezer
Apples Chopped
Apples Steaming
Fresh out of the food processor
Covered and ready to go in the freezer
The apples cost about $4 and the bag of carrots cost $2. The Carrots made 27 servings and the Apples made 21. So that is $6 for 48 servings. I do realize though, eventually he is going to move up to 2 cubes and eating more than just once a day, but for right now he is eating a solid just once a day. So I am excited about the economical side of it. Here are some picture of Carter's first taste of carrots....
First bite... not real sure what I just put in his mouth!
First bite... not real sure what I just put in his mouth!



No comments:
Post a Comment