Monday, May 11, 2009

A Happy Mother's Day and Carter Update

I had a really great Mother's Day. Carter got dedicated at church yesterday, and it was so sweet! I was nervous that he was going to spit up on Brother Bill, or that he would start crying and we would have to walk off stage, but he was a perfect angel! He did great the entire day. I don't want it to sound like he is a bad baby; you know he was extremely fussy the first 2 1/2 months of his life...then once we found out about his reflux and got it under control he was a different child! The rest of Mother's Day we spent at the lake with my Mom, Dad, and Grandmother. It was nice to sit and relax. My Mother's Day gift hasn't arrived in the mail yet. I don't know what it is...Chad won't tell me. So we'll see!
For Chad's side of the family, Mother's Day was a sad and happy event. Chad's Grandmother passed away Friday morning. We were expecting it, and she was ready to go home and be with the Lord and Paw paw, but it is still sad that we lost her around Mother's Day. We won't forget you Nannie and we know you got the best Mother's Day gift of all!!

On to the Carter update...like I was saying previously, he is very pleasant now, and is even starting to tolerate his car seat a good bit. He loves sitting in the front of his stroller and does very good on busy days going from place to place. He is rolling over now, he can roll from his stomach to his back and he is attempting to roll from his back to his stomach but can only get on his side. His head control is great and he can sit assisted now. I can actually carry him on my hip for short amounts of time, which is nice because it gives me a free hand :) I knew my hips would come in handy for something. He loves circles and anything with a pattern on it. He is reaching for toys and putting everything in his mouth and is starting to drool a good bit...no teeth yet, I figure it will be a few more months. He is getting to be SO loud...loves to hear his voice!
Let's see...I will have stats on his height and weight after Thursday...but I know that he is going to be in the 90th percentile for height because he can't wear anything under 6 months because he is too long. He is even fitting well into some 9 month clothing and few 12 month!
Similac Sensitive is finally making it's ready to feed R.S. formula in powder now! YES! R.S. stands for Rice Starch, which means it is heavier and he is keeping his food down a little better. It is $2 more but it is worth it.
We go on solids after Thursday!! That is exciting! I am going to make most of Carter's baby food, so we have purchased a food processor and Mom gave us a steamer that should work with our pots. I have been reading up on how to do it all, so it should be fun! After we see what Dr. Webster wants us to start him on, I will start making it! I'll let you know how it goes, and post pics. I have given him cereal with a spoon every few days, but we haven't made a habit of it yet. He seems to like it but is not quite sure what to do with his tongue.
That is about it, but he is getting too big too fast! But we are enjoying him sooo much, he is a hoot!
Below are some pictures from dedication on Sunday!











1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Carter did great Sunday. I am so happy for y'all! You will have to let me know when your present come's in. I wonder what it could be? :) It is so fun watching babies grow. I have loved every stage so far. Wait until he tell's you he love's you. It is so sweet! Especially when they say it without you saying it first.