Once he finally calmed down, I looked around and started laughing and realized what a wreck the living room was with everything we had tried! I told Chad to get the camera, that we had to remember this night.
I thought he was just fussing for no reason, but now looking back on yesterday and pinpointing some particular symptoms I have realized that Carter has a TERRIBLE case of Acid Reflux. I knew that he has had it for a while, but it never seemed to bother him this much. Mostly he just spit up....so much that we almost use every burp cloth in the house, and I change his outfit 3-4 times daily. I said as long as it wasn't hurting him that I wouldn't worry about the medicine or telling the Dr....well that all changed today! We got a prescription called in for Zantac this morning and we are doing 4 tsp. of cereal in every bottle. He has only taken the Zantac once today, and it seems a little better...also the cereal may be helping out a good bit too. It is so heavy it stays on his little stomach better. Hopefully this combo will nip it in the bud, and my little guy can get some relief from the hurt. I am praying that the Lord will make the Zantac work because the next step would probably be Prevacid and it is WAY expensive.



No comments:
Post a Comment