Thursday, September 6, 2012

1st Day of School

 This week my big boy started his first day of school!  Okay, so it's preschool, but still. It is two days a week and he goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 2pm.  Carter was so ready for something...for structure and for the socialization.  He gets socialization at church but he really needed more, and he has been getting pretty bored at home and I can tell that by my annoyance level with him lately (just being honest here folks!).  Since being at school this week, he has been much more content on the days he has been at home with me.  
The first day of school, he did sooo good.  I had to drop him off in car line on the first day!  At first I was a little disappointed that I couldn't walk him in but once we actually got to drop-off, it went great and I enjoyed not having to get out the car with brother.  I didn't cry in car-line, I was too busy hanging out the window taking pictures.  I finally lost it when I called Chad to tell him how it went!  
But Carter loved getting out of his car seat while we waited in car line and he got to get in brother's face and tell him bye bye and give him kisses.  He thinks it is too cool that he gets to get unbuckled while we are moving in the line.
First day I picked him up I could see him waiting for me to pull up and he was just a dancin' saying "Mommy!!"  It was precious!  I get the best greeting : )  The recap of the first day involved the following conversation:
Me: Hey Buddy!!  Did you have a fun day??
Carter: YEAH! I have fun at my school!
Me: Alright!  Did you meet any new friends?
Carter: Yeah, I met Braxton.
Me: Wow!  Did you eat your lunch?
Carter: I eat brownie.
Me: You didn't eat your sandwich?
Carter: NO.
Me: Fabulous. Well, what did you learn?
Carter: I not know.

Later, I was able to get out of him that he learned the letter "B", but I'm pretty sure she probably started with "A". Today he said he learned "R", so he may be pulling letters out of the air.  I also asked him if he learned a Bible verse today and he said yes, and then repeated the blessing : )  God love him!

Also, when I picked him up today  he had play-doh on his back, chocolate on his face, wet/sweaty hair, and his shirt was tucked-in in the front and not in the back.  He was a hot mess!  But he had fun because they got to go out on the playground.  

I am looking forward to the field trips I get to go on with him...they are going on 3 this year.  They are the Pumpkin Patch, the Circus, and the Zoo!  And of course I signed up to be Head Room Mom...I couldn't resist.

Here are some pictures below, one of Meet the Teacher with Mrs. Heather and the rest are the first day of school.  Sorry if you have already seen them on FB!


Carter and Mrs. Heather

Ready for School with his book bag on!

Thumbs up Mommy!

Just got out of the car!

My baby walking in : (

I love that sweet boy, and while I hate seeing him get bigger, I am enjoying watching him experience new things...and getting to experience them with him.

No comments: