Here is a view of the dresser
Picture frames just for him : )
This is his lamp I found at the Thrift Store for around $6 and bought a new shade and spray painted the base
Shelf for bags
Book ends $1.30 at the Thrift Store!
All in all it turned out really cute and CHEAP! Now I won't feel bad redecorating his room again when he gets a little older, because everything I found was such a good deal. In the future, we plan to get him his own nice set of furniture to take with him when he leaves, but for now, all of this will do just fine.
I think I speak for everyone when I say it is time for Fall to be rolling in. We are tired of being stuck in the house and sweating when we walk to the mailbox. Although, Alabama seems to just have Summer and Winter...and barely has a Spring or Fall...but at this point in time I will take the cooler weather. I'm done with a tan, done with swimming, done with shorts, just DONE.
There have been a few new things going on around here...one of them being we found out that we were expecting baby #2 a few weeks ago. From the beginning I didn't feel very confident in the light pregnancy test lines and I really felt quite normal, which worried me. By the time I hit 4.5 weeks with Carter I was throwing my toenails up. Now, I know "every pregnancy is different" and I kept trying to tell myself that and stay positive but it just didn't feel right. Everyday there were times when I even had to remind myself that I was pregnant because I would forget- it was crazy! So, I was not surprised (yet still heartbroken) when I miscarried last weekend. Really? Did it have to happen on a weekend? I got into my OBGYN on Monday and after getting some blood drawn we got definite confirmation that it was an early miscarriage at 5 weeks. It is such an emotional thing to miscarry, you pretty much have to grieve, like you do any loss. At first I didn't want to talk about it, I didn't want anyone to ask me any questions, I wanted to be by myself, in my house, with Chad and Carter and that was IT. As the week has gone on though, I have found myself getting back to normal and I haven't minded talking about it at all. I will say one thing though, I'm sure the farther you are along the harder it is to deal with...obviously. Not that I didn't already love this baby, but it would have been much harder had I been planning or thinking about this little one for more than a week, had seen the heartbeat, or even felt them move. So I have thanked God for His mercy and that he took this little one sooner rather than later and I can't wait to meet them one day! We are trusting our Father and his unfailing love for us, that He knew best. It also makes me realize how much more precious a healthy child is, and I am blessed to have Carter to hold in my arms as a reminder of that. It is hard that when you find out you're pregnant, you are not guaranteed a baby in your arms after 40 weeks. Of course, there are no guarantees in life are there? Despite that, we are continuing in faith to pray for the blessings of another healthy little one in the future!
This verse has given me great comfort this week:
"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord's praise for he has been good to me!" Psalm 13:5-7



1 comment:
oh kim i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. i often find myself thinking those same thoughts, what would i do "if"... your story is touching to read.
Post a Comment