Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just a few of my favorite things..

I have tried a few new products lately and I have been impressed with most of them. I thought I would let you in on a few good ones just in case you need some recommendations.

ITEM #1: Clean and Clear Acne treatment
This ointment has been great. It claims to reduce swelling and redness within 8 hours and it definitely has been true to it's claim so far! I break out here and there so I just needed a spot treatment and this seems to have done the trick. I got it at Wal-mart for around $6.

ITEM #2: Jergens Natural Glow "firming" lotion:
I LOVE LOVE this stuff. I had originally bought it last year and liked it okay but for some reason this year I am a BIG fan. This spring I had a bottle left over from last year...used the rest of that one and have already bought a new one (side note: if you bought this product last year and didn't like the smell-KERRI- then you should buy a new bottle this year because they have improved it and the scent is very different and not as strong).
Anyways, the point of this product is it is a moisturizer that has a bit of self tanner in it, but it is so subtle, you will never have streaks and it just takes the pastiness out of your skin. Also, if you use it when you have an actual tan, it seems to help the fading process and you keep your tan much much longer. This year they have added a "firming agent" and it is supposed to help firm up your skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
The color develops over several days of use and is at it's maximum after 7 days. Just use the moisturizer as you would use any other lotion...oh and make sure you wash your hands after applying :) Got this one at Target, it goes for $7.99 but I had a coupon :) Not sure how much it is at Wal-mart, it may be cheaper.

PRODUCT #3: Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship products.
Well, I made a rash decision when I was pregnant and I chopped my hair off. I really don't know what I was thinking...must have been the hormones. Now I am growing it back out (almost there)...and I have started using this to help keep it healthy. They have a shampoo, conditioner, and leave in conditioner and I have been using all three. Gives your hair a great smell and texture and helps protect it against breakage. If you don't have long hair, then Herbal Essences makes several other types of shampoo/cond. that are for your type hair, ie. short, frizzy, wavy, straight, more body...etc. $5.00 at Target and Wal-mart

PRODUCT #4: Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray
This is a spray that will protect your hair against the heat that you use to style your hair. I use it when my hair is wet right before I blow it dry, and then once it is dry I use it before I put the straightening iron on it. The formula is very light and doesn't leave your hair feeling gross. I like it! Around the $3.50 range at Target.





At the moment those are my fave products and I thought I would share them with everyone. So, any marketing folks reading this... feel free to give me a free product, I'll use it and promote it on my blog and then you can compensate me :)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Kim,
You can try Mary Kay products for free any time. Just call me! And we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if you do ever buy anything, and aren't satisfied, you can give it back. Plus, you'd be supporting a local small business. ;)
Jaime